Friday, June 27, 2008

2nd Dr. Appointment

Well we went for our 2nd appointment today. It look forever to see her, we waited about an hour and 1/2 but once she put the Doppler on and we heard the heartbeat it was well worth it. Thalia said that the baby's heart was beating about 156 beats per minute. Then she asked me if I had any motherly instinct as to what we were having, I said "No, not really." I don't know what we are having but I am excited to find out.

At the end of next month we will have a sonogram and learn the sex of the baby, YEAH!!!! I get a notice once a week telling me what's going on with the baby and at week 14, the baby can squint, frown, grimace and suck his/her thumb. He/She is about the size of a lemon at 3 1/2 inches long and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces. I am going to try and update what's going on with the baby as things begin to change. I am also hopeful to get a picture of the first sonogram up on the blog so you can see the baby when it looked like a jelly bean!

3 comments:

B and V Leonard said...

Yeah!!! It's such a miracle to watch and learn about this whole pregnancy thing!!!! Start taking pictures of your belly!!!It's fun watching it grow for a good reason!!!! :-)

I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Keep posting!! I LOVE YOU!!!! V

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo happy for you. It really is a joy to have a child in your life. I think it is very cool that you are blogging the pregnancy. I wish I would have done that.

Take is easy!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We need to see this little jellybean still!

 
template by suckmylolly.com