Friday, May 23, 2008

1st Doctor's Appointment

May 22nd

Today we went to our first doctor's appointment and boy was I nervous and really excited. I didn't know exactly what to expect but I was hopeful for a sonogram (YEAH) and I knew that there would be blood drawn (YUCK). Dr. Lopez was great, and seemed genuinely happy for us. We got to see the baby and his or her heart beating. The baby is really small and almost looked about the size of a jelly bean. Dr. Lopez said everything looks great and the baby is developing well. She said the due date is........drum roll please........December 26th, yeah, yeah, for two planners we sure did this one right!!! But she did say by the baby's size she would guess December 27th, she then followed that comment up with the fact that only 25% of women deliver on their due date and at this point the further away from Christmas day the better! Lanny did have to throw his two sense in and say that he wanted the baby to be born in 08 for the tax deduction...once an accountant, always an accountant!

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

Let me be the first to leave a comment since I am the big sis and all...CONGRATS! You know I'm very happy for you guys! And I also have to say that a December 27th birthday ain't so bad...it's been mine for 36 years and I milk it like there's no tomorrow (ask Lanny). I'm just a big kid at heart, and I would glady share my birthday with my second niece or first nephew!!! Keep feeling great and look forward to your blog posts.

Love you both! Or actually all 3 of you now!

Sis (Lynnette)

Amanda said...

I am so happy for you both, you will be great parents. You will have to update your blog to let us all know what week you are actually in!
Wishing you the best :)

Amanda

Donna said...

We are so EXCITED for you! Clark needs a friend to play with. :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com