Saturday, November 8, 2008

BPP

Sorry for being so late with this post but it's been a busy couple of days for us. We went in on Thursday afternoon for our Biophysical Profile thinking this might be the day we have the baby but hoping he would be able to stay in my tummy just a little longer. Michele (our favorite tech) came to get us, which we were pretty excited about since we think she is just so good at her job.

She took us back to do the sonogram and started the test. She checked the fluid and it was low like last week, about 3.5 cm is all we have left right now. It looked like there was one pocket of a little over 2 cm. Anyway, Michele mentioned the issue with the baby's stomach (a possible mass on his stomach) and said that maybe the issue is just bits in the amniotic fluid dead skin cells and stuff. She had me get on my side and was hoping that the "stuff" would move around and not be a mass...well guess what...it did move and we then told Michele how much we appreciate her and how hard she works to find out what she is looking at, she is the one who found the horseshoe kidney.

She checked out the rest of him, what she could see anyway. She mentioned that it is getting harder to see him clearly because his bones are calcifying and she is can't see through them anymore. His heart rate was about 135 and they had us do the non-stress test again just to make sure everything was still going well. We went in there and he was really quiet and didn't move much and then all of a sudden he started moving all around pushing on the belts and his heart rate when up to the 150's and even at one point up to 170's but then he dropped back down to the 135's and just relaxed. The nurse said, "You have such a good boy in there!" I laughed and said "Really, really...he seems pretty ornery to me." She then said, "Well, yeah but at least he performs well when you need him to." "True" I said and laughed. So for now we are just waiting and hoping things all work out for the best!

We have a full sonogram and appt. with Dr. O'Hara on Tuesday so we will see how much he is weighing and hopefully get a better look at the kidneys. Again, please keep us in your prayers! He is surprising the doctors with how well he is doing, as you know they thought we would be delivering him several weeks ago so he is already a miracle in our eyes! We just want to keep that trend continuing!

Thanks for all the encouraging comments!

Love you all!!

J, L and baby G

4 comments:

B and V Leonard said...

Thank you God for the miracle in Jenny!! Thank you God for such a wonderful tech, Michele. Thank you God for the Gridley family!!! May you be glorified!!!

Anonymous said...

Praying hard for you all today!!! I'm the big sis/aunt-to-be sitting on pins and needles :-) Know that even though I can't be there with you today that I am with you in spirit. And my next trip to KS won't come fast enough. Praying God will provide you with a beautiful miracle baby! Hugs and lotsa love!!!

Lynnette

Unknown said...

I love you!

Lacie and Stephen said...

I am the sister of a childhood friend of Lanny's. I am also your neighbor (the next cul-de-sack over) and work in USD 259 as a teacher. I attend Westlink Church of Christ. I wanted to tell you that I am praying for you. I know first hand the nerve wrecking time you must be going through. I just had a girl in August after having a full term stillbirth last year. I pray that everything goes well and your baby continues to show great signs! We are praying for you!

 
template by suckmylolly.com